Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bench


Bench, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Today will be mostly digital, but to kick things off, how about some lovely Adox 50 in Rodinal black and white?

This bench is along the clifftop path at Llangrannog, Ceredigion. Were you to take a seat here and look around you, this is pretty much the view you'd have to your right;


Headland, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Getting up to this bit of the path is a fair ascent up some steep steps, so I left all but the FE and D70 in the car, hence the preponderance of digital from this location. (I'd have taken a body loaded with slide film, but the D70 turns its hand to highly saturated, contrasty colour well enough).


Beach, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This viewpoint is a little further along from the bench. There's a path that leads down to the little beach you can see here too, although I decided it looked a bit precarious for someone encumbered by camera equipment.

House
House, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

Directly to your right as you follow the path away from Llangrannog are these fields, the subtlety of colour of which hasn't come out here. The farmhouse you see towards the centre of the frame must have some incredible views out over the sea.

As I recall, the fenceline that runs across the picture behind the house marks the position of a road. Following the clifftop path to this, you can then follow the road back in a nice circular walk from Llangrannog and back again. I know this, because a charming lady I met on the path told me - I hope I've remembered it correctly. I also seem to remember saying that I'd have the pictures online before the end of the following week :/

Picnic
Picnic, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

I remember taking this with flickr's "Picnic Tables" group in mind specifically - hopefully it stands as a photograph in its own right too. This particular al fresco dining experience can be found between the bench already pictured, and the beach at Llangrannog.

It is that slopey in real life, so I'd go for flat food, if I was you, otherwise your scotch eggs will be rolling down the cliff before you know it.

No comments: