Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Hate Sundays

I Hate Sundays
I Hate Sundays, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This is the photo for 8th July in the photo a day for July challenge. Sundays (and Saturdays, for that matter), are always tricky for me photographically, as I tend not to do much that's terribly photogenic. I did do the ironing, though, and thought I might attempt to show some of my distaste[1] for that chore in this still life.

Showing household objects that we're (most of us) at least passingly familiar with in a way that makes one slightly uneasy is a tricky thing to do, so I've gone for an off angle, and an exposure that emphasises the harshness of the lines (hopefully).

[1] Although the time flies with a Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD on, so it's not all bad

The Penguins Know
The Penguins Know, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.


On Monday the 9th, I was back at the "Wild in Art" exhibition on Albert Square, hoping to see the finished Hippo (I didn't know it had already been sold at that time). I did potter 'round with the Nikon EM and some Fuji Superia (still not finished that roll yet), and rattled off some black and white too (works well on penguins).

I should offer a large amount of thanks to the gentleman running the exhibition stand both times I arrived, who was kind enough to let me snap away, and take some pictures from inside the enclosure.

I had two possibles for this day, both from the Nikon F3, but in the end plumped for this view of an artist decorated penguin and a "regular" penguin.

No comments: