Monday, July 9, 2007

From Llangrannog to Castell Newydd Emlyn

Icon
Icon, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

The rich colour of this building in Newcastle Emlyn (Castell Newydd Emlyn) seemed like a great opportunity to use some Velvia. I'm unsure of what the little paintless space's significance is here, but to me it looked like a little house icon.

It's one of those compositions that I'm quite sure pleases no one but me, but I really like the window, the colour and the "icon" filling out that space in the bottom of frame.

Path and Bench
Path and Bench, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This is the final shot from my walk along the clifftop path at Llangrannog - this is the bench you see in the earlier black and white shot.

Here, it's shot in the lustrous colour of the D70, using the wide end (18mm) of the Nikkor 18-70 AF-S G DX. The trigger for a lot of these shots was the amazing wispy clouds you see above the foreground here - I like the accent they lend to this composition.

Fishing
Fishing, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

The final shot from Wales for today is another from Newcatle Emlyn, just along the path by the left of the castle is this wonderful spot. The missus and the nippers are looking in those little pools at some tiny fish that were darting about in there.

1 comment:

Howard said...

The blanl space on the wall in the first picture in Newcastle Emlyn is from a removed council sign. I think it was a parking direction