Friday, July 20, 2007

Interiors

Another four shots from Wales today, beginning with this interior shot, taken with the DVD Forums Monthly project for June ("Legs") in mind. I tried to have the chair legs echo the lines of the tiles here, which took a lot of moving around of chairs whilst squinting through the viewfinder. I'm not entirely sure it was worth it, but still. I guess fannying around with furniture reaches a point of critical mass - a shot has to be taken, so that the effort doesn't, at least, feel wasted.

Oh Buoy
Oh Buoy, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.

This photograph, and dreadful pun, comes from the beach at New Quay, Ceredigion. The vivid green of the seaweed and algae is pretty true to life, believe it or not.


Another interior shot rounds off the trio of digital Welsh pictures today. The light, and arrangement of the pictures caught my eye here (notice how the window light falls in a swathe on the diagonal of the frame). It's simple, but quite satisfying, I think.



Post and Chain
Post and Chain, originally uploaded by John the Monkey.


We finish again with a film shot, taken using Adox CHS 25 and developed in APH09. This post is on the same part of the beach as the buoy featured earlier, and its texture and detail would catch anyone's eye.

I'm going to print and frame this particular picture, after which it will be offered as a prize (I suspect a fairly low placed prize, but still) in a charity auction. I really like it, and I hope its eventual owner feels it has some appeal.

No comments: